Today was the big day. Attaching a display to the section of memory the Space Invaders 8080 binary uses to display images. (0x2400 - 0x7FFF). I moved Interrupt handling from main.go and put it into the Display device. I did this because that is how Space Invaders was actually wired. This also means that the display is synced to the interrupts firing, about every 8ms for the vsync and ½ vsync interrupts the machine expected.
I’ve been attempting to get my workflow a little more customized lately. Choosing some better colors that are more friendly on the eyes was definitely a step in a good direction. However, I still sometimes found myself asking is that a upper case I or a lower case l when dealing with consoles, guides, tutorials and the like. I was finally pushed over the edge when I simply couldn’t reproduce a base64 string by reading it.